March 12, 2013

An Incredible Moment

  Sadie is my little shadow.  She goes everywhere with me (except for a few exceptions).  I tell her everything.  She is the best listener, she never interrupts, she never gives unwanted advice, she never gives me "the pity look" that some people still think they need to give me (which by the way I HATE).  She coo's and "responds" at the most perfect times while we are "talking".  I know she will never tell my secrets to anyone or judge me for my actions and thoughts. She just listens.  I know, I know she is deaf and she is only 16 months old.  But she gets it.  I swear, she does.  Some how she just understands me.
  Over the weekend my two other girls spent the night at my moms house, and it was just Sadie, my husband, and myself.  Sunday morning I heard Sadie stirring so I got her up and did her whole morning routine and her exercises and then it was time for her to eat.  As she ate we talked about everything that happened at her 2 Dr's appt's last week, her health, my frustrations, and the status on my "2 Missions" that I have for her.  As always she just listened and coo'd at the appropriate times and she just kept giving me her sweet pirate grin and giggle and her look that says "I love you mommy, I get it".  She melts my heart.  At the end of our conversation I told her I was tired and mommy needed to talk a nap (by the way I work the night shift so I hadn't been to bed yet).  At that moment Sadie started making her "I'm sleepy noise" (coincidence? no, I swear she understands).  So I picked her up to give her a hug and kiss and she actually rested her head on my chest.  Her ear was on my heart, and she was looking right into my eyes.  For those of you that don't know my little Sadie in person, she HATES to be held.  She will arch and throw herself all over the place until you put her down.  Not this time she just laid their on my heart, made her sleepy noise and feel asleep.  This was a huge moment for both her and me.  I have NEVER been able to hold her for a long period of time (I couldn't even do kangaroo care while she was in the NICU).  So obviously I have NEVER been able to hold her and put her to sleep.  I was in heaven!  I cried happy tears, held her as tight as I could, and tried not to move a muscle as I was afraid of waking her up.  I wanted to freeze time and make this moment last forever.  I prayed and thanked God that he gave me this moment.  It was at the perfect time and it was just what I needed.  I love this little girl!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that pirate grin!! And you are absolutely right she does understand - there is no doubt about that...I'm just so happy that you got to snuggle your baby. :) You are an inspiration to the rest of us mothers!! Prayers and hugs for you and your Sadie!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops- this is Coley btw!! I was having trouble obviously LOL

      Delete