March 07, 2013

Can't she catch a break?

   As I had mentioned yesterday in my post Sadie is sick, again.  Silly me, I actually thought that since she was sleeping all day yesterday and not coughing very much she was on the mends.  Could this possibly be just a short little illness?  Nope!  My baby woke up this morning screaming and inconsolable.  This time it was a painful scream and a "don't touch me" scream.  Then she coughed. It was a horrible, gunky, nonproductive kind of cough. You could tell it hurt.  It hurt my lungs just listening to her.  You could hear the gunk sitting in her lungs.  Off to the Dr we go.  Sadie's normal pediatrician was off for the day so we saw a Dr that has never seen Sadie.  Great!  I have to go through her entire history.  So after being there for an hour and a half he decided to do a chest x ray.  Lo and behold the little girl has pneumonia.  Really?  Can't she just catch a break?  Luckily for now we are just going to fight it at home.  Her oxygen level isn't too low and she doesn't seem to be struggling at all to breath. So for now we sit and wait and take antibiotics and pain meds and pray to God that she gets better and not worse.  Please send a couple prayers for her.  I don't want her to end up back in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment