April 09, 2013

Mission 1 update 3

   I was wrong.  Those results are really not that great.  I called the genetics counselor (the genetics Dr's right hand man) today to ask her a question about our appt next week.  I mentioned that we got those biopsy results and she looked them up and explained a little more.  She stated that I was right that it does indicate that they are compensating for something.  What it is compensating for is for the mitochondria that is not working.  Her body is always working in overdrive and is trying hard to make everything work, which is causing her body it wear itself out faster.  The sad thing is that it is actually a sign of advanced disease.  She then says "but don't think about any of that until we get more results from her blood tests and we look at the big picture".  That's easy for her to say! It still doesn't make sense to me.  Why did it show that the mitochondria itself was working fine?  Uugggh, I just don't understand this stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. Prayers are always being lifted up for Sadie and you guys. I'm always here if you need to vent. LOVE YOU LOTS!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete