May 10, 2013

Eating

   When Chloe and Aubrie were babies they were nursing pro's.  They latched on to me like it was nothing.  Then came eating baby food.  Chloe ate the jar food, Aubrie would have nothing to do with jar food, so we just would grind up grown up food.  She loved it.  Then came finger foods.  No issues there.  Then came "grown up" food.  We would just let them taste whatever we were eating.  They generally loved it, and to this day are the best eaters ever.  There are very few foods that they won't eat.
   When Sadie was born I was devastated that she wouldn't nurse.  I loved that closeness that I shared with my other two girls.  I know it sounds ridiculous to some people, but it really was something that I had to work on getting over.  I was always grateful that we had the technology to be able to tube feed her, but is was (and still is) a little sad.
   One of my goals that I have set for her to accomplish by age 3 is to eat at least 1 meal a day by mouth.  Over the last year or so my husband and I would attempt to give her food.  Never have we really ever had a good response from her.  She would just look at us like we had 2 heads and if she could talk she would say to us "what are you doing? I don't eat by mouth."  But recently she has been getting into this tasting thing a little bit more.  Sadie will give us smiles after tastes and stick her tongue out, as if to say "give me more".
   So I think the time has come for us to try a little harder with eating food orally and even possibly drinking, whether it is from a bottle or a sippy cup who knows.  But I think we will try a little harder from now on.  Fingers crossed!

 Sadie loves tasting french fries.  She will suck on them until they fall apart from being so soggy and then she will throw a fit when we take it away and dig out the piece that broke off in her mouth.



 
Sadie trying steak (no, it's not as raw as it looks in the video).  She loved it.  Whats not shown in the video was when she actually clamped down on the steak and ripped a piece off .  Again she was mad when we took the piece out of her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment