August 05, 2015

Random highlights of the summer

*Our neighbors house caught on fire.  My girls and some of the neighborhood girls wanted to help so they set up a lemonade stand. They raised over a $100.  These girls rock and have a huge heart.
 
 
*The girls found a snake.  Chloe was dared to pick it up.  Gross!  But look at that face. She loved that she took the dare and did it.  That's when I know she is her fathers daughter. Cause I would NEVER do that.
 

*Chloe was in a parade for girl scouts.

 
These guys waved as she rode by.
 

*We went to the beach.
 



 
Sadie had school this day so she didn't get to go, but I'm pretty sure she was ok with this.  She is still not a fan of the heat and gets a little a crazy when over heated.  Plus, with the fact that she doesn't feel her eyes and blink appropriately, I would hate for sand to get in there.  We already have enough eye issues going on this summer as it is.
 
 
*I jammed my finger and ripped the tendon off the bone. Really? Ain't nobody got time for this!  I have to keep this splint on 24/7 for 6-8 wks.  If I accidentally bend it while changing it to the other splint, I have to start the 6-8 weeks over again.  I originally wasn't going to do anything, as I thought it was just jammed, it couldn't be that bad.  Well, guess I was wrong.  The swelling got bad and I had to take my wedding ring off cause my finger was turning blue. 
 
 
 
*Slinkey got hit by a car.
 
 
What a day that was.  Aubrie accidentally let him out of the back yard and since he is a basset hound, his nose took over and off he ran.... right in front of a car.  The girls witnessed the whole thing.  I hear this blood curdling scream from Chloe as she runs in my house and screams that Slinkey got hit by a car and is dead.  My heart stopped, I ran outside. Slinkey was not dead, but he was hobbling pretty darn bad over to the side of the road.  I went over to him (along with a bazillion other people and 6 little girls that witnessed the accident). Slinkey was holding up his leg and blood was dripping from it. I sent the girls all over to a friends house and Slinkey, Sadie and I went to the vet.  Sure enough he had an open ulna fracture and lots of lacerations. He earned himself a night in the hospital, lots of stitches, and the "cone of shame".  He's a lucky dog that he didn't get hurt more.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment