November 06, 2015

A Halloween Birthday Party

  Sadie had been so sick for the past couple weeks, there was a huge debate on if we should have her birthday party on Halloween as it was originally planned or not.  The party was on and then the party was off, on off, on off.  Finally, my husband and I sat down and really talked about the whole thing and finally we said "It was on".
  The party was off because I really wanted her to be able to enjoy her birthday. She loves watching all the people and watching the kids help her open her gifts. But she had been so tired and crappy feeling that I knew she wouldn't want to watch the actions of the day.  She wouldn't enjoy anything. It was off because her immune system was already compromised, and any new germs that were brought into the house could set her back further.  Did we want to take that risk?
  The party was on for many more reasons, two of them was my own selfishness.  4 years ago on Halloween I was released from the hospital.  I left empty handed and drove away leaving my baby in the NICU for others to take care of.  It was one of the worst days of my life.  For the past few Halloweens I think of that moment and feel those feelings all over again.  I needed to replace those feelings with happy feeling and memories.  A birthday party would do that for me, especially cause it was for the child that I grieved for 4 yrs ago.  My other reason for wanting that party was so that I never had regrets.  What if Sadie didn't get better, what if something happened?  I didn't want to regret never having a 4th birthday party for her.  We also decided to have the party because Chloe and Aubrie really wanted Sadie to have a costume party and they had planned it for awhile. They had helped pick out food and decorations and just wanted Sadie to be happy with her party (they had planned games too, but those didn't work out so well).  Also we had the party because half of the people that would be here for the birthday party were going to be here anyways for trick or treating. The pros outweighed the cons.  The party was on!
  We had no regrets with our decision.  Lucky for us Sadie was starting to perk up on Friday night and on Saturday she was doing pretty good.  Still would occasionally cough/choke and took a couple of longer naps, but over all she was on the upswing.



A Sweet little puppy
A Cute Caribbean pirate

A Scary skeleton


My Girls

Some guests at our party

2 little kitties
Football player, pirate, batty vampire, skeleton, ninja
a pig and doctor

ninja turtles
creepy clown and cat
Well... I'm just not sure. Lol  He didn't have a costume, so he grabbed one of the girls dress up masks.
Ninja
A game character (I don't remember the name of it, oops)
  I tried to be creative and stick with mostly halloween themed food. Some of it worked, and others...well, I get an A for effort. Lol


The girls wanted to decorate our walls with all of Sadies stars and trophies from school so that everyone could see what she accomplished this past year.  The sense of pride that Chloe and Aubrie have for Sadie is such an overwhelming feeling.  They have true admiration for her.  I love it!

Mummy hot dogs

Mummy Pizza
Orange vomit punch

Witches hats and acorns


Bloodshot eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment