September 16, 2014

We got them

Here they are.  Sadie's first pair of AFO's.  And I have to say they are so tiny and cute.


   You can't really tell from the pic, but they are neon green and purple with polka dots on the straps.  Bright and colorful!  Just like Miss Sadie.  She's sleeping right now, otherwise I would take a pic of her in them and show you.  I wasn't to sure how she would react with them on her feet.  I kind of thought she would be irritated because she can't grab her toes and hold her feet.  But as usual, Sadie proves me wrong.  She could care less that they are on her feet.  She just goes about her business like always.  I guess in away they are probably just like her shoes or boots and that's probably why she doesn't care.  Doesn't matter, she doesn't mind them and that makes me happy.
   My goal for this weekend is to find a pair of shoes that they will fit in.  They don't have treads on the bottoms and the whole reason that we got them is so she can start to stand and bear weight while having good support on those ankles.  I don't want her to slip while standing.  The orthotist (the guy that made the braces) and Sadie's teacher gave me some clues on how to find shoes that fit them.  I will search this weekend for a cute pair.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment