May 29, 2015

Aubrie's kindergarten celebration

Unreal that this school year went by so fast.  Aubrie is finished with kindergarten.  She has grown up so much this year, and  is reading and writing like a champ. She is becoming such an amazing and funny little girl. Her Kindergarten teacher always gives out awards. When Chloe was in kindergarten (same teacher) she got the great friend award.  Aubrie, as you can see, got the great character award.  She was so proud of her award and was telling everybody about it.  But I have to tell you a funny story behind it.  As we all know, character stands for personality, but to Aubrie character stands for people or animals in a book (which is what they learned to kindergarten).  However, I didn't realize this at the time.  So that evening as we were reading books she starts reading the characters parts in different voices.  I said "wow, Aubrie that is really good".  She said "that is why I got the great character award cause I can make different character voices".  My heart melted cause that is the innocence of a 5 yr olds mind.  I explained that she was correct AND that it also meant that she had a funny, sweet, energetic, sassy personality.  I love this little girl!





No comments:

Post a Comment