November 12, 2012

Ugh!

  So Sadie is sick, again.  I guess the Dr's and I jinxed ourselves.  She has some type of a GI bug.  She hasn't been able to keep anything down all weekend.  She would cry every time anything would enter her stomach and she would gag and gag and gag.  It was horrible.  The only thing that would calm her down was taking a bath.  So in about 16 hrs we took 4 baths, including one at midnight and one at 3 am.  After that bath, she threw up again, I cleaned her up, gave her another message and some Motrin and she fell sound asleep.  In fact, she is still sleeping and it is 3 pm.  I think she is just catching up on her sleep because she has not had very good sleep in the past 60 hrs and she hasn't had her vitamins for her mito disease so that could be why she is so sleepy too.
  However, I think she is turning the corner today.  Yes she is sleeping, a lot, but thanks to that G-tube I can still give her fluids.  So starting with a little pedalyte this morning and increasing it all day seems to be working.  She's not crying or gaging so this is all a good sign. Yesterday, she couldn't even tolerate the pedalyte.
  I did have to cancel her tube surgery for tomorrow.  I was a little bummed. I really want to know if it is going to change her hearing even the slightest bit.  But I didn't think being dehydrated, being off her vitamins, and having a slight upper respiratory problem would go over very well with the ENT or the anesthesiologist, so we will just reschedule when she is feeling better.  Hopefully, it will soon.  Prayers needed.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment