November 01, 2012

Hurricanes and Halloween

  Hope everyone on the east coast is doing well and are safe and dry and with electricity and heat again.  Who needs Halloween to be scared when you are living a nightmare during a hurricane (or any disaster for that matter)?  Prayers are going out to all those families.  It always amazes me how people come together during a tragedy to help each other out.  It's awesome to see, but it's too bad that it takes a tragedy to make that happen.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could be like that all the time?  Maybe someday we can all get back to being nice to each other all the time.
   I know this doesn't sound right and I don't really know how to word it.  So just please don't take this the wrong way.  My favorite scene/picture from the whole hurricane coverage was when they were evacuating the hospital.  All those nurses and Dr's trying to keep all those patients safe and alive.  Carrying them down multiple flights of stairs and not caring or complaining. However, the one picture that really got me and brought tears to my eyes was when they were transporting those little babies from the NICU and they had to hand squeeze oxygen into those babies to keep them alive.  That's dedication and a lot of heart coming from those nurses (and Dr's). I'm not sure if it's because I am a nurse or because I am a mom to a former NICU baby or both, but it really and truly touched my heart.  It made me proud to be a nurse.  They represented nurses in such a positive way.
   On another note...
   Happy Halloween! It's been a fun few days with party's at the girls school and picking pumpkins and carving them and then trick or treating itself. It's been cold and rainy here just like everywhere else.  I was thinking though, if they are going to make all these cute little princess and fairy costumes for girls and not cute costumes that are warm, then we need to move Halloween to the summer.  The kids are so bundled up that you can't even see there costumes.  So I made the girls get dressed twice.  Once with what their costumes are supposed to look like all cute and stuff, and then I made them put all there warm clothes on with it.  They loved me for it.  NOT!  I included some pictures.  Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween.  For those kids that missed it and were disappointed do to weather, I'm sorry, hopefully they will have a make up night.  More importantly I'm glad your safe and able to read this.


Chloe and her pumpkin
Aubrie and her pumpkin
 
 
 
Sadie asleep as always.  Too much fun and excitement picking out her pumpkin.


Chloe the ballerina midnight butterfly


Chloe bundled up  (refused to wear a hat, went to one house and then asked daddy for her hat.  Good thing he took it with him)


Aubrie the blue fairy (blue is her ultimate favorite color)


Aubrie all bundled up.  She stayed nice and warm and happy.


Sadie my dalmation puppy  (she's actually awake!)


Love the puppy butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment