October 02, 2012

A balloon sent to heaven

  We celebrated Chloe's 5th birthday on Sunday.  We had a bounce party and then we went to the park to play and to eat cake and ice cream.  Her theme was Pinkalicious (if you don't have little girls you probably have no idea what I am talking about).  As we got out of the car Chloe's Pinkalicious balloon escaped the car.  My husband grabbed the string.  Phew, that was a close one.  Everyone files out of the car.  My husband goes to put the balloon back in the car and all he is holding is the string.  We look up just as the balloon is flying over the top of the tree.  OH NO!!!  Chloe bursts into tears.  You would have thought it was the end of the world.  She usually doesn't act this way, but she was overly tired.  Well after a few minutes of hysterical tears, she calmed down.  We explained that the balloon was up in heaven with Jesus and we would get her another balloon later this week.  With a couple of deep breaths, she sighed and said ok.  We went about the rest of the afternoon.  She totally forgot about the balloon, and life was great again.
  Monday, we are driving in the car singing songs and laughing.  Then Chloe gets all serious and says  "Mom, do you think Jesus wanted my balloon to give to another little girl in heaven for her 5th birthday?"  The question at first caught me off guard, and then I thought about it and said "Yep, I sure do".  She replies "That's what I thought.  (She paused)  It's ok that I shared it with her, we don't have to get me another one."  She then went about her singing.  Tears welled up in my eyes.  Here is a little girl, only 5 years old and she is way beyond her years in giving, understanding and what a huge heart she has.  I couldn't be prouder of the little lady she is becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment