October 28, 2012

It's Sadie's Birthday

   Today is Sadie's birthday.  It just blows my mind that a year has gone by already.  All the ups and downs of the year.  The ups are just having her in my life, the downs are all the dang Dr's and diagnoses.  To celebrate her I thought I would put up a few pictures of her first 19 days of life. 

 First time I laid eyes on her.  She was beautiful!
 
Sadie was on C-Pap for about 12 hrs or so.
Daddy's big hand holding her tiny hand.
 
Her first echo of her heart, not even an hour old.
 
This should be a t-shirt on a baby, on Sadie it's a dress.
4 lbs, 15 oz    17 inches long
 
The tube coming out of her nose is an NG tube.  That is how she ate for the first 6 months of her life.
She looks so sweet and peaceful in this picture.
 
Because of her reflux her head needed to be elevated. She kept sliding down, so the nurses built her a sling to keep her up.  It was her own personal little nest.
 
Love her!!
 
We are free!!
Released on Nov 16.  Which is ironic since she was supposed to be born that day.
 
Chloe and Aubrie had no idea she was coming home.  They were so excited and in awe that she was finally home and that she was so tiny.


 
What a long, strange trip it's been!  A trip I would never change, I will never forget and that is far from over.  Happy 1st Birthday Sadie.  I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment